Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bright and shiny day

I was so excited to see Michael come home last night that I didn't think of anything else. This morning, I was still a bit tired, but feeling better. As I started to leave the driveway I realized that either my left hip gained weight or one of my tires were low. I opened the door and saw that my front tire was great. I looked at my hip and it seemed OK too- so I checked the back tire and saw what black pancakes should look like. Flat as a tire. I put some air in and thought, "Well, I wanted to get my oil changed anyway...".
As I flew down the freeway I saw a guy checking me out. I looked, saw that he was quite old, and politely waved. He kept trying to get my attention so I finally decided to flatter him with my good looks. Of course, he only wanted to let me know that my tire was flat (again). I guess he didn't want someone as pretty as me to fly off the road with an exploded tire at 75 mph.


I pulled off the freeway to get more air (in hopes that I would make it to the tire store) and pulled into a gas station. I had to back up to get into the air and as I pulled back another car pulled in to get gas. He had to swing wide, and pulled right in front of the air. It wasn't a big deal, and I was waiting for him to move, but he seemed to think that I was confused and kept waving at me to move forward and get gas. I finally did pull forward just so that he would move because he seemed so determined to let me go first that he didn't see where I needed to go.

After all of that I was finally able to get to Bountiful, drop my car off, ask that the tire that was only 2 months old and now totally flat get replaced, a co-worker/superhero from work picked me up, and now I am here. Sharing the wealth of good times that I was able to experience all before 8 this morning.

I am very glad Michael is home, safe, and that all is well.

No comments: