Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Teaching

Finally! A flow chart to help you decide what to wear!



Here are 4 teaching stories that I experienced that just crack me up.

During my first year of teaching I asked the school psychologist to come and observe me, and then give me tips to improve my classroom management. It was the Christmas season and students were writing letters and poems about the holidays. As I was talking to the psychologist one student asked me how to spell gigolo because he wanted one for his Mom- I asked him what it was and he explained that it was a squishy tube of water and stuff that you get from the aquariums.

About 5 minutes after that a girl came up and asked me how many "hoes" Santa had. I asked her to explain, and she said, "You know, ho, ho, ho, how many?"

Of course you have all heard my Chinese zodiac snake story from 2 weeks ago, but today was another funny day. One student is giving his state Power Point presentation on Virginia when he anounces that inhabitantents of this state are called "virgins." I didn't even blink an eye to try and avoid bringing it to everyones attention. However, at the end one student came up and asked me if it was true that people from Virginia were called virgins. She quickly followed with, "Aren't virgins alcoholics who drink all the time?" Restraining my laughter I only responded with, "They are called Virginians." Then, I quickly fled to the bathroom. Too funny.

No comments: