Thursday, January 6, 2011

Expensive dogs, doors, & tuition

My poor little Buddy has not gotten enough time to get outside and loosen up to poop. I leave at 6:30 a.m. and get home around 8 each weeknight, and 11 on Friday. My roommates are very kind and generous, and usually let him out, but he still had a little poop accident on the rug.

So, I finally broke down and ordered a wireless, electric fence for him. A regular fence is pretty unlikely in the near future due to the high-pressure gas main behind the house and money. Plus, with the ground being frozen there is no way I am going to dig up grass for an electronic fence with wires, so here comes the $300 wireless, electronic fence. In addition, I bought a door that goes with my sliding glass door and charged another $170. While feeling a moment of indecision about these pretty hefty purchases (right after $1300 tuition is due) a co-worker said the best solution was to get rid of the dog. ~POOF~ indecision gone- Buddy will soon have expensive access to the great backyard. Oh the short adventures he will have... As a side bonus, the dog door is very large, so the future Great Dane or Great Pyrenees dog will be able to utilize the same door. Token picture:

No comments: