Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Waiting game

So, this leap year was pretty special for us because (as you already know) we implanted two eggs. This was on February 29th. So, we are hoping that leap year is our lucky year. We will find out either way next Wednesday. I just talked to a friend from college and we talked about fertility issues. Apparently he and his wife tried to have kids for abour 5 years before being successful. I was excited to talk to him. I was hoping that I would learn so much. Well, they didn't do as much testing as we have and they didn't do near as many interventions. So, I was very let down by the conversation. I was pretty bummed. Because all though he said they were trying.....his wife didn't even have her uterus looked at because it is a painful procedure. WHAT!!!! that was like the first thing we did after blood work. They didn't do artificial insemination either. Man, they just took some medicine one time. That is not when they got pregnant but, I just didn't feel like they were trying as hard as we are. I guess I just didn't learn anything new. O'well!!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Oh- I'm sorry you didn't learn anything new or leave feeling invigorated about strategies. I hope you at least had some good food and good company.

I also hope your bday was a great time too! Love you.